July 2020 Weekend WTT tournaments!
If you're looking for safe competitive play opportunities this summer, play in the July Weekend WTT Tournaments! In lieu of a spring or summer season this year, Tri-City is offering weekend tournaments for WTT match play. The WTT format consists of co-ed teams that play doubles, singles, and mixed doubles. Membership is not required, hybrid teams are permitted, and advancement opportunities exist to compete in a WTT National Qualifier!
A weekend tournament is a league "season" played in tournament format throughout a weekend. A minimum of 4 teams per division is required to hold the division. For every 4 teams in a division, 1 team will earn the opportunity to advance. Each team will be guaranteed a minimum of 3 matches. The FIRM team entry deadline will be the Monday prior to each division's respective weekend. The tournament schedule will be posted on Wednesday. Matches will be played on Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday. Please see details below.
Weekend of July 24-26
Weekend of July 31-Aug. 2
2.5 and 4.0 Divisions
Team captains must enter teams by clicking the button to the right to submit a team entry form.
The team entry deadlines are as follows:
Let us know you're interested in playing in a July 2020 Weekend WTT Tournament and we'll help find a team for you!
Once your team has been entered, your team captain will invite you to register for the team through the link to the right.
July weekend WTT Details:
- All players must abide by safety protocols established by Tri-City Fitness.
- Pre-payment of the team fee of $350 is required at the time of team registration. This fee includes registration, match fees, and balls (2 cans per match). The team registration fee is non-refundable, as it represents a commitment to participate.
- All matches will be scheduled and played indoors at Tri-City Fitness.
- Teams are encouraged to bring only 4 players per match. If necessary, additional players may also attend as long as they remain socially distant from teammates. Team "huddles", congregating, lingering at the club, and socializing are not permitted. We realize this is against the spirit of WTT, but we also feel it is a necessary safety precaution at this time.
- All matches are timed 2-hour matches, including warmup. Teams may not take the court prior to their match start time unless they have made prior arrangements with the club to book court time.
- Captains will use their phones to enter scores and players in wtt.com as the match is being played. All data should be entered and saved prior to leaving the club. It is the responsibility of each captain to verify that the entered scores are correct. Once 24 hours has passed from the scheduled time of match completion, the scores stand and no changes will be made.
- Ratings are based on the 2019 USTA year end ratings.
- Non-rated players are encouraged to participate and self-rate and will be required to fill out the WTT Player History Form prior to their first match.
- Hybrid teams of players with different ratings are permitted.
We look forward to providing a fun and exciting league experience at Tri-City for all WTT players.